My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

it's getting closer...

We officially start our childbirth classes tomorrow. They were supposed to start last week, but the teacher broke her foot so last week's class is going to have to be rescheduled. I wonder what we will learn? Maybe an ancient mysterious trick for stopping rib pain? We'll see.

I have my 2nd shower this weekend. It is here in Charleston and is going to be a tea party downtown at Charleston Place. Ooo la la. The challenge for this shower was actually finding an outfit. I had previously spent the past 6 weeks looking for a dress to wear to my NC shower because I thought it would be nice. However, I was very, very unsuccessful as none of the places I looked seemed to have any! The few I did find tended to not accommodate the chest of a normal sized pregnant woman. I gave up my search, but after receiving my invitation to this upcoming shower realized that the search was going to have to continue. This afternoon after school Mrs. Joye (Hank's mom) and I set out to venture into the world of stores that exclusively sell maternity clothes. Being a notorious bargain shopper I haven't visited many of these stores. However, it seemed they were my last option in the search for a dress. Guess what! After trying on like 12 dresses I found that even though they sell all maternity clothes all the time they don't really make clothes to accommodate anyone with a more then petite chest either! After trying on many, many outfits I finally found a skirt and shirt that fit and look nice and now I'm very excited about a new outfit to wear to the shower. It sort of felt like finding the holy grail of maternity clothes. And if I ever decide to start a store/design a clothing line I now know that there is probably a big demand for reasonably sized maternity shirts/dresses! Maybe none of the first outfits fit because Greyson has expanded my ribs with her constant kicking... hmmm... yes, maybe that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home